The soda maker is one interesting device that has been making waves over the past few years. It is a machine that turns ordinary tap water into sparkling or carbonated water. It has been available on the market for years, and people now realize the benefits of this machine.
For those who like taking carbonated water every day, this is a machine you must have to save you from spending so much money and also to avoid littering your home with soda cans and bottles.
Also,some people don’t like drinking ordinary water. This machine will work wonders for you as it comes with a variety of flavors to add to your drink to give it the perfect taste. It doesn’t require electricity or a battery to work, and it is friendly to both the user and the environment.
Using this soda making machine is pretty easy and straightforward. Although there are different brands of soda making machines, majority have the same working mechanism when it comes to soda water making.
Below are three simple steps involved in the process of creating your favorite fizzy water and how this amazing machine works.
1. Fill the Carbonating Bottle with Cold Water
All soda makers come with carbonating bottles. This could either be in the form of a BPA-free reusable plastic bottle or a reusable glass bottle. The first step for you to take is to take the carbonatingbottle and fill it with cold water to the level you want.
2. The Fizzing Process
This is the beginning of turning your water into a different drink entirely. A soda machine comes with a CO₂ cylinder that adds dissolved carbon dioxide in water by pressurizing. Once the carbonating bottle is filled with water, attach it and lock it to the soda machine. It is then mixed with the CO₂ with just a press of a button.
Since you are dealing with gas, you will get an empty canister after some uses. Don’t worry about getting another soda maker because this gas cylinder can be replaced by visiting one of the retail outlets that sell soda makers.
Store-bought soda water contains a specific amount of carbon dioxide or a certain degree of carbonation. But with a soda maker, you can control the amount of CO₂ that goes into your drink. You can make it less fizzy or more fizzy just the way you want it.Itis achieved by turning an adjustable control mixer feature that comes with these machines.
3. Adding Flavor to Your Drink
This is where variety comes to play. Once the sparkling or carbonated water is made, it can be taken as is. But to make it look more refreshing and exciting, you can add flavor to it.
Most soda maker manufacturers have a broad range of flavors that can be added to your carbonated water to give it a special taste. This can be enjoyed with family members, giving your kids the opportunity to add their most favorite flavor to drinks.
These are the three simple steps that show how a soda maker converts tap water into a carbonated drink with varieties of flavor options to be added to it.
Having talked about how a soda maker works, let’s look at the benefits of homemade drinks using the machine over the ready-to-drink sodas we buy from supermarkets.
Benefits of Using a Soda Maker
- It is environment-friendly. Since you don’t have to visit supermarkets often for soda water that come in bottles and cans, it keeps your homes free from empty bottles or cans that may litter the compound. Also, it does not need electricity or batteries to work, which makes it clean and energy-efficient.
- It gives you variety. With the many flavors that come with this soda making machine, you don’t have to take same drink over and over again. You can add your favorite flavor at any given time.
- It makes you take enough fluid. Keeping the body hydrated is vital for the body to function properly. For those who don’t like taking ordinary water, this is a great way to enjoy your drink, and it even makes you drink more because it is refreshing.